CALL FOR ABSTRACTSConvocatoria de Envío de Resúmenes
Abstract submission starts: end of November 2022
Fecha de inicio de envío de resúmenes: fin de noviembre 2022
Abstract Deadline: Friday, February 10, 2023
Fecha límite: viernes, febrero 10, 2023
Bridging Fish, Fisheries Science, and Conservation Across the Americas
We welcome all people interested in fisheries science, management and conservation throughout Latin America and the Caribbean to join us for this important event. The Congress will address freshwater and marine systems and include traditional science presentations, training opportunities, student events and much more.
We expect to develop a program that includes presentations that cover topics of marine, estuarine, and freshwater fisheries management; commercial, subsistence, and sport fishing; cultural and historical roles of fish and fisheries; impacts on water and fish populations from energy, resource extraction, and land use; native and nonnative fisheries; the intersection of traditional cultural knowledge and western research practices; and the role of the many publics who rely on or enjoy aquatic resources.
A HYBRID MEETING MODEL
We recognize that there will be people interested in the LACFC but unable to travel. In order to provide access to the LACFC content we will employ a hybrid meeting model to support virtual participation. This will include the following features:
- All presentations will need to provide a recorded version of their talk or poster 7-days prior to the opening of the Congress. This will allow the organizers to share all material on the Congress website and meeting platform and provide access to all material to all registrants.
- The Plenary Sessions will be live-streamed to all registrants as well as recorded and placed on the Congress website.
- Registrants will be able to submit questions to all presenters and establish dialogue with any other meeting attendees through the meeting platform and app.
- Symposium organizers will be offered the opportunity to host online discussions of their presenters and registrants, this means individuals presenting remotely may be asked to ‘zoom’ into a Q & A session.
- Session organizers will be allowed the option of playing recorded presentations as part of their session. We recognize that this is preferable in some cases to provide for a more cohesive set of presentations. Others prefer to only access recorded presentations through the website or meeting app.
- What this does not include:
- We will not be including remote, live presentations as part of sessions (e.g. use of Zoom). Limited and unreliable internet connections make inclusion of such remote presentations unworkable and costly.
During the submission process you will indicate if you select the symposium session you were invited to be part of and/or select other sessions where your abstract is appropriate. Abstracts submitted to symposium sessions that are not selected for inclusion will be considered for inclusion in a contributed topic session.
Abstracts should be submitted in English (except step 11). You will be asked to include the following information.
- Primary Author, Affiliation, and contact information
- Co-Authors, affiliations, and emails
- Presentation Format (In-person / Online-Recorded)
- In-person- Presenter will be in Cancun and assigned a time to give a talk
- Online-Recorded – Presenter will provide a recorded talk that will be available online and may be played in the session room in Cancun
- Presentation Type:
- Oral – a 15 minute talk, in English or Spanish presented from the podium in Cancun. (Presenters are asked to present visual content in Spanish or English to maximize content access to the audience; for example, if you feel more comfortable presenting in Spanish or Portuguese, please include presentation text in English).
- Poster – a printed poster prepared in English and presented in Cancun
- Online-Recorded – Prepare a 12-minute recorded talk, or prepare a poster and record a short video. This presentation type will be available asynchronously to all conference participants. (Presenters are asked to present visual content in Spanish or English to maximize content access to the audience; for example, if you feel more comfortable presenting in Spanish or Portuguese, please include presentation text in English).
- Student Presentation (indicate if the presenter is currently a student)
- Title (15-word limit)
- Short title (5-word limit)
- Keywords (maximum of 5)
- Abstract (300-word limit) in English
- Abstract translated into Spanish or Portuguese